Tax Analyst, Returns Experience (6444)
We are looking for a Returns Experience Tax Analyst or Sr. Tax Analyst to join our fast-paced, dynamic company. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to work in an innovative environment and grow within our business. The Analyst is primarily responsible for the on-boarding and validation of new sales/use tax returns customers. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be detail-oriented and proficient at balancing multiple priorities/issues.
- Preparation, review, and filing of multi-jurisdictional sales/use, business and occupation, and gross receipts tax returns for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual filings
- Detail and process oriented jurisdictional returns set up on behalf of our customers
- Communicate regularly and effectively with customers, jurisdictions and other internal teams as part of research and resolution
- Manage workload effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Work collaboratively with all staff members and management
- Support in identifying areas of improvement and efficiencies in all compliance processes
- 2+ years in sales and use tax preparation and filing.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently yet still function as a team player
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet strict filing deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to different software applications and tools
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word and Excel.
- Advanced degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with a Big 4 firm, large corporate tax department of a multinational company, or large ERP integration
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.