Director, Talent Acquisition - Product and Engineering
People make the difference. We need great people to support Avalara's vision of being part of every transaction in the world. The Director, Global Talent Acquisition is responsible for driving the strategy, and leadership of the Product and Engineering Talent Acquisition team at Avalara. This role will build out Avalara's overall approach to attracting, engaging, and selecting the top talent across our Product, Engineering and Security organizations. Primary duties will include creating and driving a proactive, strategic talent partnership with our business leaders to deliver global programs for a consistent, scalable and exceptional recruiting experience throughout the candidate journey.
Role Reports To: Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition
About the Role:
- Lead the talent acquisition end to end process to deliver top talent while establishing and delivering on key success metrics.
- Create and implement a sourcing strategy for the business to meet current talent acquisition needs and build a pipeline for future roles while effectively utilizing the process, systems, and tools.
- Build and lead an effective and talented team to source and recruit exceptional and diverse technical talent.
- Partner closely with the People and Culture Business Partners and Finance teams to drive strong alignment in support of the business objectives.
- Gather competitive data, industry trends, and labor market conditions and translate these into successful workforce planning and search strategies.
- Provide training and education to hiring managers and partner on the recruiting process, interviewing techniques, effective networking strategies, etc. inspiring a strong partnership between hiring managers and the Talent Acquisition team.
- Build and develop a collaborative and high performing Talent Acquisition team through coaching, mentorship and training.
- 10+ years talent acquisition experience, ideally in a global setting, with 5+ years managing and leading talent acquisition teams.
- Experience creating talent acquisition-related strategies such as process improvement, strategic sourcing, and diversity initiatives.
- Data driven utilizing industry research and trends to determine the best path forward for our hiring managers, our team, and our partners.
- Out of the box thinker, who can innovate and challenge the status quo with new initiatives and strategic talent programs.
- Demonstrated success in managing full life cycle recruiting teams based on key performance indicators/metrics.
- A strong collaborative leadership style with ability to drive change and build followership across multiple business units, locations, organizational levels, and functions.
- Process and results orientation.
- Ability to lead through high growth and high change times.
- Outstanding business acumen, coupled with executive presence.
- Ability to inspire confidence and gain and hold the trust of senior level executives, management, cross functional peers and your team.
- The successful candidate has the ability to acclimate quickly, is able to be a contributing member to the Avalara HR leadership team and is a strategic partner to business leadership.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- You have strong consulting, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Must be an authentic and active role model of Avalara values
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.