Sr. Manager, Product Management - Integrations
Product Managers work with Avalara's product teams to define the future direction and scope for our compliance products and services. These services are the backbone of our services and critical to Avalara's end-to-end product offerings.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced, self-motivated Product Manager who will know what it takes to integrate Tax Automation capabilities for our Enterprise level accounting and ERP platforms.
As the product owner you will responsible for embedding our latest AvaTax capabilities such as Sales Tax, VAT, Consumer Use Tax, and Global Tax functionality on several of our key platforms.
You will work with a cross-functional geographically dispersed team, document and track of all product requirements, work with Avalara's internal and external teams and interface with customers to ensure product fit for use cases and requirements. You will be supported by a team that includes, program management, engineering, and Avalara's customer support and training teams.
As product owner you will work with Avalara's product and development teams in Pune, Brazil and US to define and maintain several marquee software applications for SAP, Oracle and other Enterprise level platforms.
- Keep up to date with the ever-changing Enterprise Level ERP/AP platforms specifically SAP, Oracle, Workday
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Establish and execute on a roadmap that stays in line both with the account platform's roadmap and the Avalara product roadmap
- Research and write detailed product requirements including but not limited to user stories for engineering to execute against
- Collaborate with the Sales, Implementation teams, Enterprise Support Teams, Customer Learning, Training, Engineering, and Product Management organizations to identify dependencies and navigate priorities to meet roadmap commitments
- Drive critical issues to resolution, internally and with partners and customers, acting as a primary point of escalation for stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Legal and Business Development teams to make product decisions based on KPIs.1
- 15+ years overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 10 + years of product management experience
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and ERP workflows, specifically SAP and or Oracle
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science)
- Experience with tax automation products for ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e. sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers in the SAP/Oracle ecosystem
- Experience developing and or product management of applications based on an API.
- MBA is a plus
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.