Vice President, Global Analytics and Insights (6728)
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that’s disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? That’s what we’re doing here at Avalara.
We’re looking for a mission-driven leader to join our world-class operations team as Vice President of Global Analytics and Insights. This is an exciting opportunity to consolidate and expand our existing analytics team and enhance it with strategic insights delivering a single source of metrics across the business.
Reporting directly to the COO, you will partner with business leaders across the company to provide analytics, metrics and business insights into operating and revenue trends in support of the company’s growth.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader, have superior analytical skills, be detailed oriented, able to multi-task and thrive, and work across functions in a fast-paced environment communicating effectively across all levels in the organization.
- Partner with leaders to model and analyze key businesses metrics and product initiatives in support of faster, data-driven analytical decision making
- Develop the processes and framework to implement a consolidated analytics and insights function
- Leverage data across CRM (Salesforce) and other business & operational platforms using dashboarding tools (Tableau, Power BI) to build a unified metric capability across all operational functions (marketing, global sales, implementation, support)
- Deliver consistent, timely, weekly, monthly reporting covering bookings, customer success, efficiency and product penetration metrics and trends
- Provide detailed explanations and variance analyses around actual results, key trends, and underlying business drivers
- Build out insights from data being generated and consolidated, accelerating growth and improving customer experience
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify, address and resolve issues
- Evangelize the use of consistent metrics, methodologies and increase standardization across stakeholders
- Align with head of FP&A for quarterly and annual bookings planning
- Collaborate with data infrastructure teams to develop cross-organization data strategy and data infrastructure development
- Deliver strategic models and scenario planning for growth initiatives supporting longer term operational decisions
- Lead a team of energized professionals creating growth paths and collaborative atmosphere
- 10+ years of leading and managing the Analytics and Insights function
- Software (or similar) industry experience, ideally with a SaaS company
- Successful track or building out this function and delivering at scale
- Ability to drive discipline and accountability in an organization while maintaining positive working relationships
- Strong analytical skills coupled with significant experience analyzing and summarizing large amounts of data from multiple systems to provide unique insight into business issues
- Experience working and planning with finance and FP&A teams
- String expertise in analytic tools and advanced Excel skills, including experience building detailed financial models
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, with a proven track record of partnering within across functions to improve processes and drive results
- Bachelors required advanced degree preferred
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.