Sr. Product Manager – Track 1099 Service (R7128)
· Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define, validate and quantify new solutions and innovations that will help transform Avalara's federal filing business and improve the customer experience
· Be / become an expert in your product's space.
· Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
· Create prioritized roadmaps that deliver customer value
· Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
· Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design / UX
· Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
· Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to-end customer experience
- 8+ years' overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 5+ years' experience as a SaaS product manager leading products at multiple lifecycle stages; facing multiple business challenges such as high growth, quick time to market, and quality; and serving customer bases that span small business owners, SMB, and enterprise.
- Passion for identifying new, high growth solution ideas
- Ability to help define requirements for forward high priority projects
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Manager role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to create end-to-end customer experience within a product
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally, including with executives and other internal stakeholders driving business outcomes
- Ability to deliver product requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player who is able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting executive-level briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- College Degree in a relevant field (e.g., accounting, business, computer science); MBA desirable
- Experience taking an idea from concept to product
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transactional tax compliance concepts (i.e., VAT)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.