Senior Customer Excellence Analyst
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Avalara, passionate about Customer Success and advocacy, managing critical customer situations, identifying areas to improve customer experience cross functionally and lead change with solid program management, and advancing Avalara’s Net Promoter Score (NPS), improve retention, minimize customer churn, evaluate internal algorithms (CPO) on customer’s sentiment towards the products and Avalara? Are you interested in a start-up like environment, excited about customer satisfaction, process, data, technology, driving visibility and enabling change across the business within Avalara? If so, then look no further than the Customer Excellence Team!
Within Avalara, the Customer Excellence team’s focus is on delivering great customer experience to our customers and influence change in the business and drive insights back into business. We bring the voice of the customer thru data insights to cross functional teams and drive learnings across products, processes and technology to increase customer success with Avalara.
Our team is looking for a Customer Excellence Manager that brings great teamwork, positive attitude, high-energy leadership, and tactical situation management to our customer-focused team. Customer empathy and relentless drive to help customers feel more confident on the platform are key attributes to being successful.
This role requires strong customer facing skills, internal influence to get things done, strong project/program management, ability to work with business and technical teams, technical knowledge desired with any ERP, billing applications and an instinct for importance of customer experience. We are looking for someone who knows how to combine customer engagement with strong problem-solving skills to drive genuine customer-first thinking.
- Assume management of a critical situation, serving as primary external / internal communicator and situation manager until reaching pre-determined exit / resolution criteria
- Align with Avalara’s internal teams (1) critical situation management and (2) project management
- Collaborate with Avalara departments (product, engineering, support, compliance, contracts, accounting, legal) to resolve issues as appropriate, while driving consistent responsiveness and communication across involved stakeholders
- Capture and organize Voice of the Customer feedback through surveys, critical situations, social media and advisory boards into strategic improvement projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Avalara products and technologies
- Develop annual risk management strategy, leveraging Avalara’s health score index
- The CX analyst will become a subject matter expert with their aligned department, serving as a trusted resource for cross-team questions and insights from other CX analysts
- Own team Wiki’s, documentation, project card templates, internal communication
- Exposure and comfort with ERP systems and eCommerce platforms
- Proven track record of strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interview customers to get a clear understanding of their issues or requests and then promptly respond with the right answer or action.
- Solid project management skills, including managing multiple stakeholders, timelines, clear communications and expectations.
- Professional maturity, including the ability to interface appropriately with senior management at customer companies, working toward resolving customer issues while representing Avalara’s point of view all while managing various internal stakeholders
- Strong sense of customer advocacy; ability to articulate a broad view of customer needs to the appropriate stakeholders within Avalara
- Self-directed & goal driven. Demonstrated ability to set and achieve personal goals with minimal direction or supervision even in the face of competing or conflicting demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must communicate effectively with variety of customers over the phone, in email and in person
- Detail-oriented. Demonstrated ability to identify requirements, break these into smaller work tasks, and ensure all tasks are completed with high quality
- Minimum 7 years in a customer account management, technical account management and/or customer service capacity, ideally in a technology/SaaS organization
- Optimistic, enthusiastic and self-motivated. An individual who thrives in a start-up environment that can sometimes be stressful and chaotic.
- Experience working directly with Fortune 500 customers at multiple stakeholder levels: individual contributor / management / executive
- Previous experience as a Service Account Manager or related post-account management advocacy position with a software organization