Lead - Bank Account Reconciliation, Global Client Payments
- Support and perform various aspects of bank account reconciliation for Avalara Global Client Payments group
- Perform daily Payment Bank Account Reconciliations by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances with the intend of identifying payment exceptions that require additional research and handling with Avalara Trust financial institutions.
- Issues stop payments
- Perform positive Pay uploads
- Prepare summary reports
- Support audit requirement on a quarterly and annual basis
- Perform transactional research
- Perform credit card reconciliation
- Aid in the ongoing development of team processes and procedures
- Analyze cause and suggest enhancements for recurring exceptions through review of reconciliations and analysis
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Studying for or achieved ACCA, ACA or CIMA at an advanced level; 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience within financial services. Knowledge of US banking operations, accounting, and basics of financial management
- Previous account reconciliation experience required
- High quality control standard and good attention to detail in an operational environment
- Previous accounts payable experience required and knowledge of US Banking industry
- Must possess advanced MS Excel knowledge and be capable using formulas, macros, pivots
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
- Experience with high volume of data
- Previous experience working in accounting systems (i.e. NetSuite, QuickBooks)
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Work well under pressure and be able to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are required, excellent communicator
- Self-motivation required
- Work GMT hours
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.