Sr. Director, Product Management, Cross-Border
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Director to join our Cross-Border team.
As a Cross-Border Director, you will own and drive our Cross-Border portfolio working with customers on one hand and a team of product managers on the other. Customer solutions will span a variety of Avalara Cross-Border products as key customer business processes are extended to support International Sales and Fulfilment. As these programs grow and customers begin crossing sales thresholds in different countries around the world, solutions will be extended to bring in other Avalara services such as VAT registration, returns services, exemption certificates and business licenses.
You will work with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team to document and track all product requirements, drive efficiencies through automation, quantify and measure key product metrics, and ensure customer value is optimized. You will have ownership for customer Cross-Border program success and be supported by a matrixed team.
What you'll bring to the role
- 10+ years overall professional career experience with consulting experience in large omni-channel retail organisations
- 5+ years experience in international ecommerce working with retailers and/or marketplaces with customers in different markets
- 5+ years experience in the international logistics industry working with fulfilment, shipping, crossdocking or customs brokerage operations
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience analyzing data and deriving outcomes
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, management or computer science)
- Experience with an Ecommerce Order Life-cycle
- Experience with Ecommerce systems that power shopping experiences
- Experience with Order Management systems
- Experience with Transportation Management systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.