This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals to grow their career.
The Tax Specialist is a highly visible role working behind the scenes on many customer projects. They’re dedicated to exceeding customer expectations in the delivery of voluntary compliance projects for Avalara customers seeking to enter compliance with state taxing authorities. This position reports to the Voluntary Compliance Services Manager.
This position is based in the Seattle, WA office. This is a highly collaborative role requiring an in‐office presence.
This is a growing practice requiring someone with the ability to respond to increasing demand from our internal customer base.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
Primary job duties involve participation in the daily operations of this practice, including supporting the following tasks:
- Transactions transformation and process improvements
- Create excel spreadsheets
- Generate and review reports
- Reconciliation of sales and use tax transaction data
- Perform some sales and use tax research (taxability, rates, exemptions, etc.)
- Prepare paper and online Sales and Use Tax returns
- Tax analytics and reporting enhancement
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax project-specific forms
- Complete special tax projects as needed
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree or two or more years of professional experience
- 1 - 3 years of sales tax consulting experience is preferred
- Regional or national public accounting experience within a state or local tax practice preferred
- Demonstrated experience in working with the sales and use tax voluntary compliance process in 46 states is highly preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and familiarity with data transformation techniques and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor, team player and positive attitude, able to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated high standards of excellence in work product and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail with precision
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce, and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.