Principle Software Engineer - Avalara CertCapture (5933)
The CertCapture software engineering team is responsible for the design and development of the CertCapture product lines. Candidates will participate in the development of new features, become versed in the existing landscape of the product and work within a peer group environment to meet product deliverables. This position requires the ability to convert product requirements into finished material, develop clear testable code, and work with Quality Assurance to ensure product reliability.
- Assist in the development of key and senior level features and solutions
- Drive and lead proof of concept projects to construct data driven proofs that specific design concepts and strategies work as expected
- Be a prodigious author in the documentation of architectural decisions, design recommendations and research
- Act as a mentor to other engineers and team members, share your skills and expertise, encourage creativity and innovation
- Understand how software design and architecture impact the goals of the business
- Analyze and attribute key operational requirements into cohesive design patterns
- Help set a standard and set an example for high quality code review and analysis
- Develop new implementations of data driven technology stacks
- Implement best SaaS practices across the enterprise
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of computer science theory such as state machine implementation, loop invariant proofs, and advanced data structures
- Working knowledge and experience of databases and other data persistence layers from low level implementation details on up
- Experience implementing large scale & low latency caching layers
- Extensive experience implementing service architecture in cloud-based environments such as AWS
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com