Marketing Director - SaaS enviroment
Avalara is looking for an innovative Marketing Director who can drive customer acquisition for small and medium-size business. This role presents the right candidate with a high-visibility role and fantastic opportunity to drive marketing engine in a high growth company and a growing industry and help scale the organization to enable rapid user adoption and customer acquisition.
Avalara has a unique go-to-market model that encompasses both digital marketing to end users as well as through-partner marketing and building awareness and mindshare in key software user ecosystems. This marketing leader will manage an internal team and external third-party providers while working in conjunction with our channel marketing organization.
This critical role requires an experienced leader deeply steeped in modern B2B SaaS marketing practices. In addition, this leader needs to be savvy about user and partner ecosystems and creative about how to reach users at scale. This leader will also drive Demand Generation programs, events, SaaS experience, Customer References Program, Press, and provide data, insights, and informal leadership to product marketing, product management, and channel teams.
- Develop the plan and create the vision and drive demand generation activities for new business across small and medium companies in Brazil.
- Develop and implement high impact, multi-channel marketing strategy to generate demand.
- Oversee the entire closed loop demand generation process, including helping to shape website and landing page traffic generation strategies, work with Avalara partners to build a presence on partner websites and generate through-partner marketing programs, and use SaaS B2B marketing industry best practices, with a heavy emphasis on measurement and optimization.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing programs and campaigns, to improve resource allocation, efficiency and revenue generation.
- Align marketing programs and activities with the overall marketing strategy.
- Function as both a leader and doer, providing position leadership and insights, supporting corporate strategic objectives, as well as being a hands-on member of the team.
- Quickly establish strong relationships and rapport with teams such as Digital Experience, Product, and Channel Marketing, as well as Corporate Marketing, which acts as a Center of Excellence for creatives services, web content, events, and digital marketing execution.
- Digital and Technology background
- Proven experience in Demand Generation programs, preferably in a SaaS
- Strength and experience with working with partners and channel marketing.
- Demonstrated success teaming up with corporate marketing services particularly around digital advertising, social media and SEO as it ties into inbound and outbound marketing.
- Core strength in Small and Medium Enterprises, with success and understanding in buyer audiences such as marketplace sellers.
- Track record in driving high growth in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Depth in marketing metrics and KPIs.
- Excellent grasp of B2B marketing, product marketing, digital marketing, with a deep understanding of all facets of conversation rates, close rates, leads, and opportunities, funnel opportunity and understanding of the full life cycle of a buyer’s journey.
- Experience in Brazil and LatAm market
- Demonstrate experience in working with Social Media and Public Relations.
- Solid experience in generating Customer References, encompassing recruiting, success case development, and engagement during the sales cycle whenever needed.
- Fast learner to understand what Avalara does, and how Marketing should be aligned with Avalara’s strategy.
- Ability to manage press
- Experience with CRM automation tools (e.g. Salesforce) and marketing automation platforms.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Able to work effectively in a high-growth, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrable skills in strategic planning and execution of marketing initiatives.
- Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
- BA/BS. MBA preferred.
- Project Management Training
- Project Management Certification (PMI or similar)
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Fluent in Spanish (oral and written) is a must
- This position reports to the MD Brazil, and Global Marketing VP