Tax Compliance Analyst
We are looking for a Streamlined Sales Tax Analyst or a Senior Streamlined Sales Tax Analyst to join our fast-paced, dynamic company. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to work in an innovative environment and grow within our business. The Analyst is primarily responsible for the treasury and SST return funding reconciliations and processes. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must be detail-oriented and proficient at balancing multiple priorities/issues. They must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in written, verbal, and electronic formats. Candidate must also understand basic math and accounting concepts.
· Periodically communicate with customer for funding of returns liability
· Attend regular internal treasury meetings and provide updates on funding and payments to team
· Reconcile unpaid list and communicate with jurisdictions to resolve
· Communicate regularly and effectively with customers, jurisdictions, and teammates as part of research and resolution
· Occasional preparation and filing of SST returns
· Manage workload effectively in order to meet deadlines
· Work collaboratively with teammates
· Support in identifying areas of improvement and efficiencies in all compliance processes
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other four year degree with equivalent accounting experience
• Proven computer technical skills – MS Excel
• Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail
• Strong communication skills – both oral and written
• Team-player, customer-centric attitude
• Deadline driven
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We're committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you'll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It's time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.