Data Warehouse - ETL / BI Developer (R2092)
We are looking for a ETL/BI Developer with strong technical proficiency in SQL development to build an ETL pipeline for enterprise data warehouse. The Data Services team is fundamentally tasked with the operation of our data warehouse infrastructure components with a focus on collection, storage, processing, and analyzing of large sets of data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently with business and other team users to define ETL/BI concepts, information needs and defining functional requirements, specifications and recommendations related to a proposed solution.
- Participates in analysis, design, and ETL development as part of Agile / Scrum development Team.
- Build and maintain highly visible, enterprise-wide BI dashboards / Reports
- Have used APIs or source XML Type columns to dynamically extract integrate and load data in target schema using Talend; Experience working with multiple source systems / file formats.
- Should be responsible for building extraction and mapping rules for loading data from multiple sources for data warehouse implementation using Talend, AWS, MS SQL Server & Snowflake
- Should contribute to logical data model for data warehousing and making data available for downstream consumption.
- Continuously optimize enhance monitor support and maintain all Talend data integration processes and should be an expert in Talend TMC and debugging.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Analyzes and evaluates business requirements by working with business users and management. Provides recommendations on the nature, scope, and complexity of solutions.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Detailed-oriented team player with an ownership mindset.
- Good understanding of requirements for Data Quality, Metadata and Operational Data Stores.
- Must have hands-on expertise in PL/SQL, Stored Procedures using MS-SQL Server.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data management, ETL, data warehousing and BI Reporting.
- Strong experience in Talend Data Integration tool.
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures.
- Strong experience in Data Warehouse and ETL concepts.
- Solid foundation in DW and BI design, tools, processes and implementation approaches
- Knowledge of data modeling, data ingestion and ETL design.
- Knowledge of integration with systems like Salesforce, Relational Databases, REST API, FTP/SFTP...etc.
- Experience in BI tools, preferably Tableau/Power BI.
- Knowledge of SSIS and SSRS is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift...etc.).
- Ability to learn and use new technologies quickly & effectively.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team player
- Ability to think out of the box and generate new ideas
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.