Senior Corporate Counsel/Corporate Counsel
Attorneys at Avalara draft and negotiate general commercial agreements (such as SaaS, vendor, and other technology services agreements), resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, provide guidance on a broad range of issues (including data privacy and security, marketing, employment, mergers and acquisitions, public company matters, and procurement), provide day-to-day legal advice, manage legal interns, and assist with other legal matters.
Avalara attorneys work very closely with all parts of the business. The successful candidate will have strong, relevant experience in one or more of the above areas. Avalara attorneys routinely provide direction and work through others and must have the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious, and hard working.
- Strong team player who enjoys working with and supporting other members of the Legal department and employees across the company.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and inﬂuence skills.
- Flexibility to work in multiple legal disciplines and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
- Urgency to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Desire to facilitate the success of others.
At least 1-2 years of relevant legal experience with a strong preference for candidates with at least 3-4 years of experience.
- Admission to the New York, North Carolina, Oregon, or Washington bar, or ability to obtain admission by motion.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.