Customer Account Manager
As part of the customer loyalty team, the customer account manager (Emerging Team) is responsible for ensuring world-class customer experience, while also driving up-sell and add-on opportunities. The Emerging CAM maintains a large portfolio of customers. Account Managers must thrive on working in a fast-paced, exciting environment, creating value for the client and have strong account management, customer service, and sales skills. Flexibility, emotional intelligence, networking skills and a focus on results are among a Customer Account Manager's key assets along with the ability to identify business needs and sell sales and use tax solutions via exceptional communication skills.
- Establish a professional working relationship with day to day users up to the executive level - using multiple forms of communication
- Manage a pipeline of renewal and up sell opportunities within a set of existing accounts and deliver results against a quota
- Provide timely forecasts and risk analysis to direct manager as well as track customer and partner interaction, leveraging Salesforce
- Articulate and present the value delivered by Avalara products and services to various levels within an organization to ensure a renewal
- Understand a clients' business environment and uncover their sales and use tax challenges to recommend additional products/services
- Work in a team environment with a Customer Success Manager to ensure contracts are renewed
- Create a win-win environment for the client and Avalara by professionally and ethically negotiating issues related to renewal contracts and pricing
- Leverage the broader internal team and partner ecosystem to address client satisfaction issues
- Present a professional image via communication skills, both proactively and when under duress
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
- Minimum 3 years of sales, sales development, customer management, consulting or related experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Experience working with senior executive level personnel
- Experience negotiating or facilitating resolution to customer problems
- Efficient work habits that allow for a significant level of multi-tasking
- Proven track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.