Sr. Data Analyst, Global Client Payments
- Analyze and visualize data to inform and assist stakeholders.
- Work with Python, SQL, various visualization engines, and Amazon Web Services.
- Collaborate with other team members to build and optimize our data lake and data warehouse.
- Offer strategic guidance to peers and business teams on how to best leverage our data.
- Present findings among peers and stakeholders. Socialize projects and results that help inform Avalara and guide the business.
- Talk directly to stakeholders and management about problems relevant to the business. Work together with other team members on making incremental improvements.
- Implement production processes in cloud architectures with a high degree of automation.
- Help facilitate Business automation vs People Power. You and the other payments team members will tackle the unique challenges that occur at the intersection of software and people-driven tasks and apply these solutions to the novel business automation that Avalara aims to create.
- Better data awareness and analysis plus innovation is what drives our success - help us keep pushing the bar higher.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, DAX, M, Python, or similar data related languages
- You are an excellent communicator, used to distilling complex technical topics down to actionable insights to advise stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated experience with data and statistics. This includes applying relevant data analysis to inform and potentially guide projects where the goals are potentially unclear, and the risks are unknown.
- You work in a collaborative team environment. This includes mentoring, teaching, asking, and answering questions, and communicating with your colleagues.
- You know how to code in Python. You have written production level code which your peers have reviewed and approved of.
- You know data - structured and unstructured. It may have been difficult to access, challenging to load and parse, but if it is recorded, you have had to dig it out.
- You know how to work with cloud technologies. You can talk about systems which scale beyond your local computer and think through design patterns for distributed systems.
- You are proficient in SQL—you can write advanced and efficient queries while working with terabyte sized datasets.
- Experience with at least one major relational database is required (MySQL, Redshift, etc.).
- You have proven analytical and quantitative ability and a passion for enabling customers to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- You can lead projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experienced in reviewing others' work, offering feedback, and instilling best practices.
- You are an experienced data manipulator with proficiency using ETL processes across multiple systems.”
- You work to build your skill set through continuous learning.
- Experience with a software as a service business
- Knowledge of banking and payment transactions (nice to have)
- AWS certifications / experience
- Experience with containerized applications and environments
- Working knowledge of SPSS, R, Orange, etc.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.