Senior Product Marketing Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager – Small Business segment
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that's disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry? That was named a “Top Companies to Work in Product Marketing” finalist in Product Marketing Alliance's 2021 awards? Avalara is a dynamic B2B SaaS company that provides cloud-based software for sales tax and other indirect taxes. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of tax compliance easier for our customers.
The Product Marketing organization is responsible for defining product portfolio, customer segmentation, market sizing, buyer personas, buyer journeys, messaging and positioning, customer-facing collateral, competitive analysis, field communication, win-loss interviews, customer evidence, and product launch activities. This team is accountable for all Avalara products across all geographies.
This Product Marketing role provides an opportunity to design and own the execution of a range of go-to-market, sales enablement, and messaging and positioning initiatives across all products for the small business market segment.
The ideal candidate for this role thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment and brings a breadth of hands-on experience to Product Marketing. In this role, you will be responsible for developing deep customer insights and translating those into hard-hitting messaging and positioning frameworks and a wide range of customer and Sales-facing collateral. You will be the go-to-market expert and direct Sales enablement for your products. You will collaborate cross-functionally with Avalara GMs, Product Management, Partner Management, Marketing, and Sales to enable decision-making based on solid quantitative analysis and data-driven insights.
- Work closely with Product Management, Partner Management, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to orchestrate launches of new products, features, and integrations into market
- Craft engaging messaging and positioning, sales talk tracks, customer presentations, case studies, and other collateral for new and existing products
- Deeply understand the small business market segment and buyer personas to effectively communicate value propositions and differentiators
- Identify needs for and manage the development of sales enablement tools and resources
- Develop sales training materials, and orchestrate and execute training
- Perform competitive and market research to prepare the company, particularly Sales, for addressing trends and competitive situations
- Participate in developing presentation content for industry or customer conferences
- Work across all of Avalara's products and geographies to provide strategic support to Marketing and Sales
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years' experience in technology/SaaS industry Product Marketing or similar role
- High adaptability, strong sense of ownership, and eager curiosity in navigating a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to collaborate inclusively and cross-functionally and work well with diverse perspectives and multiple stakeholders to drive company success
- Relentless focus on direct and indirect customer interaction to understand and be the champion for customer needs and pain points
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, to craft and articulate compelling stories for B2B technology products
- Data-driven mindset when making decisions and process-oriented approach to execution and measuring success
- Strong analytical abilities to conduct market research and develop insights from both quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven track record of quickly understanding new markets, industries, products, and customer audiences
- Ability to create tangible marketing deliverables as well as think creatively and strategically
- Experience in Product Management or product development
- Experience in marketing to the small business market segment
- Experience with Command-of-the-Message (CoM) or similar Sales frameworks
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.