Strategic Partner Director - Enterprise
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that's disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? That's what we're doing here at Avalara. We are seeking a Director, Strategic Enterprise Partners responsible for our global partnerships.
The Director, Strategic Enterprise Partners is responsible for setting and leading our global strategy across our enterprise partnerships. This position will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of programs to meet and exceed our revenue objectives, customer and partners success targets and overall partner profitability. This is a high impact role requiring collaboration across multiple functions in Avalara including Sales, Customer Loyalty, Marketing, Product and Business Development as well as with our International teams.
This is a senior role that is responsible for our overall strategy that plays an integral role in the success of the company.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, multi-year go-to-market strategy across partner ecosystems. Lead regular executive reviews to align cross-functional support and update progress to goals.
- Develop, foster and extend a network of “executive relationships” at key partners.
- Architect and execute a rolling 12-month joint product development plan with key partners to keep the ecosystem aligned with Avalara innovations and changes.
- Build data driven business case justification to drive cross functional decisions on products, programs, and business terms to drive ARR growth of your ecosystems. Include trade-off analysis that applies to individual functional teams or across the organization.
- Analyze data and derive meaning, find trends and develop plans to address opportunities and corrections. Report on the progress and impact of the plans.
- Collaborate with functional groups to address customer success and partner success issues. Identify root causes and engage the appropriate partner groups to create joint plans to correct and improve key metrics.
- MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- 15 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or go-to-market business development.
- 10+ years of experience managing Strategic Partnerships with ERP publishers, ISVs, systems integrators or consulting firms in the Oracle, Workday, SAP, Salesforce, NetSuite, or Microsoft ecosystems
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and have substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Experience with building, developing and growing strategic Partnerships that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Experience with technical product management and roadmapping.
- Experience with enterprise class ERP or financial software, ISV solutions, global organizations, or extended enterprise ecosystems.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- Technically Savvy. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Experience managing global client partnerships and/or key strategic partner relationships involving robust strategic account planning and a cadence to drive successful execution.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators
- Diligent at measuring and communicating progress to achieve targeted business results, identifying obstacles and associated remediation plans
- Demonstrable proof of scaling capacity of global strategic partners' technology practices
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Executive presence to lead and manage the most strategic global partners.
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and Organizational models.
- Willingness to travel and Experienced in Global markets, customs and individual country business protocols and dynamics
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.