Senior Software Development Engineer - GCP (5389)
We are seeking an experienced senior software engineer to join a growing team responsible for the automation of the global client payment process here at Avalara. This process manages the funding and remittance of tax liability on behalf of Avalara’s managed tax returns customers. The goal of automating this process is to help our fast-growing business to scale, as well as reduce the risk of remitting upwards of $1 billion per month in tax liability.
- Work smart and understand how your code impacts the goals of the business
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes
- Participate on an agile team – full lifecycle and full stack – including design, development, testing, planning, backlog grooming and support
- Work with product owner to review requirements
- Design and develop scalable software components
- Design and develop integrations with other systems at Avalara and with external financial institutions.
- Implement test automation to run in a continuous integration environment
- Support our production platform, including troubleshooting & bug fixes
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns and status to manager
- Own features from design stage through production deployment
- Ability to take an idea from concept through design, architecture, implementation, and delivery
- Must think in terms of scalability
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience with C#, Python, and Node.js
- Experience with relational databases (MySql, SQL Server, PostgresSQL)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with UI development
- Financial industry experience
- Experience with Software Security
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.