Senior Software Development Engineer - GCP (5389)
We are seeking an experienced senior software engineer to join a growing team responsible for the automation of the global client payment process here at Avalara. This process manages the funding and remittance of tax liability on behalf of Avalara’s managed tax returns customers. The goal of automating this process is to help our fast-growing business to scale, as well as reduce the risk of remitting upwards of $1 billion per month in tax liability.Job Duties
- Work smart and understand how your code impacts the goals of the business
- Be introspective, always trying to improve yourself and the team around you
- Identify and implement best practices for coding as well as development processes
- Participate on an agile team – full lifecycle and full stack – including design, development, testing, planning, backlog grooming and support
- Work with product owner to review requirements
- Design and develop scalable software components
- Design and develop integrations with other systems at Avalara and with external financial institutions.
- Implement test automation to run in a continuous integration environment
- Support our production platform, including troubleshooting & bug fixes
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns and status to manager
- Own features from design stage through production deployment
- Outstanding problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design & development and common design patterns
- Ability to clearly communicate
- Proven ability to make things happen and meet commitments
- Willingness to dive in and get to the bottom of a problem
- Experience working on agile development teams
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years with C# and .NET
- 5+ years Web API / REST Service design and development
- 2+ years working with relational databases (MySql, SQL Server, PostgresSQL)
- Familiar with ORMs.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud computing (AWS/Azure)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with UI development
- Experience with Python and Node.js development
- Experience with AWS services including SQS, S3, Lambda, EC2, Autoscaling, ELB, etc
- Financial industry experience
- Experience with Software Security
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.