Director, Compliance Services (6133)
The Director of Compliance Services will lead in the delivery of Avalara’s Telecommunications tax compliance services by developing operations readiness and guiding the future direction of automation to effectively serve across enterprise and mid-to-small size businesses.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal processes, and customer needs in the area of tax compliance services in order to shape our product vision, as well as prioritize based on high impact for the business
- Lead cross-functionally with Product, Development, Customer Account Management and Global Client Payments teams, as part of delivering the end-to-end compliance services primarily centered around registrations, tax data management and returns filing
- Be hands on in the assessment of end-to-end service delivery order to drive internal process and policy decisions
- Nurture a “People First” culture, where talent acquisition, development and retention are a key.
- Advance initiatives specific to development and delivery of training to serve our U.S. Compliance Services organization across various indirect tax disciplines
- 8+ years operations management experience developing, managing and motivating professional level employees
- Applied management experience in the areas of indirect tax, accounting or financial services
- Experience developing and analyzing key metrics as part of critical business decision making
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology
- Experience managing direct customer and partner relationships
- Evidence of successfully implementing and driving adoption for large scale technology and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen and communicate effectively across all levels within an organization
- Preferred Qualifications
- SaaS (software as a service) industry experience
- Experience with tax technology applications (i.e. Avalara, SureTax, Vertex, Sabrix, or Oracle Enterprise Business Tax)
- CPA, MBA or CMI
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.