Director, Compliance Services
Compliance Services is a revenue delivery organization that plays a key role in driving growth through tax compliance services including data management, registrations and returns filing/remittance. The Director of Telecommunications Compliance Services will have responsibility to advance Avalara’s Communications Compliance Services delivery by developing operations readiness and guiding the future direction of automation to effectively serve across Tier 1 and mid-to-small size telecommunications providers.
The Director of Compliance Services will lead in the delivery of Avalara’s Telecommunications Tax Compliance services by developing operations readiness and guiding the future direction of automation to effectively serve across enterprise and mid-to-small size telecommunications providers.
- Develop the tax compliance business strategy and deep understanding of customer needs to shape the product roadmap for next generation technology as well as prioritize technology enhancements for the existing Telecommunications tax compliance platform.
- Cultivate a strong partnership with the Telecommunications business GM and Sales leader to align on compliance services offerings, pricing and service quality measures.
- Lead cross-functionally with Product, Development, Customer Account Management and Global Client Payments teams, as part of delivering the end-to-end compliance services primarily centered around registrations, tax data management and returns filing.
- Be hands on in the assessment of tax returns preparation, filing and remittance processes to drive policy changes.
- Nurture a “People First” culture, where talent acquisition, development and retention are a priority.
- Advance initiatives specific to development and delivery of training to serve our U.S. Compliance Services organization across various indirect tax disciplines.
- 10+ years operations management experience developing, managing and motivating professional level employees.
- Applied management experience and expertise in telecommunications and/or sales and use tax compliance & reporting.
- Experience developing and analyzing key metrics as part of critical business decision making.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology.
- Evidence of successfully implementing and driving adoption for large scale technology and process improvements.
- Experience with tax technology applications (i.e. Avalara, SureTax, Vertex, Sabrix, or Oracle Enterprise Business Tax).
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen and communicate effectively across all levels, both internally and externally.
- Telecom industry experience
- CPA, MBA or CMI
- Experience with a national/regional public accounting firm
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.