Financial Systems Business Analyst
Avalara is seeking an energetic and driven Business Analyst to join our Financial System team. In this role, you will act as a key liaison between internal customers, stakeholders, departmental champions, developers, and leadership. Your main tasks will include capturing detailed requirements, performing a thorough analysis, creating effective designs and documentation, and supporting user acceptance testing.
To succeed in this role, you must be an excellent listener, think analytically, and be able to clearly explain complex concepts to non-technical users.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Capturing requirements from internal customers and documenting current-state processes.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Developing and clearly communicating future state system and business process designs.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas, findings, and results.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Producing succinct and informative reports and dashboard.
- Supporting/performing user acceptance testing.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
Business Analyst Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Experience working within the Systems Development Lifecycle.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong technical awareness and skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Salesforce/Salesforce ecosystem, Configure-Price-Quote, and the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, ServiceDesk, et al).
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.