Sr. Product Manager, Filing Automation
As Sr. Product Manager for Filing Automation, you will collaborate with our global compliance, content research, and government relations teams to identify opportunities to automate our returns filing solutions. Key areas of focus will be on our universal filing and tax form catalog services. You will be part of the global returns platform product team who are tasked with creating a platform of shared services to enable growth and scale through automation.
- Work with internal and external customers to understand their needs, and translate those needs into feature enhancements and new products
- Be / become an expert in your product's space
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy and roadmap that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design / UX
- Serve as agile Product Owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders to ensure a great end-to-end customer experience and effective customer-facing launches
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- At least 8 years overall professional career experience
- 5+ years experience as a SaaS Product Manager, leading products at multiple lifecycle stages; facing multiple business challenges such as high growth, quick time to market, quality, and technology migrations; and serving customer bases that span small business owners, SMB, and enterprise and / or both mass-market and vertical niche offerings
- Experience engaging with current and prospective customers to understand their needs, workflows, and context
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience creating customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver developer-ready requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Hands-on experience using major analytics tools; SQL experience is a plus
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Have a mix of startup and big company experience, and are familiar with the opportunities and challenges in a high-growth environment
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers.
- Experience with machine learning and robotic process automation are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science)
- MBA or advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.