Senior Marketing Manager - EMEA
Reporting to the EMEA Marketing Director, you will be responsible for developing and delivering campaigns with customers across multiple channels throughout the EMEA region.
We are looking for someone that has the ability to not only manage the day-to-day but to also think and act in a way that makes Avalara stand out. As the Senior Marketing Manager - EMEA, you will have the ability to be able to affect the way we do things, the activities we execute, and the marketing strategies.
- Build relationships with internal Customer Account Managers (CAM’s)Liaise with and collaborate with the Global Marketing Team, the EMEA New Business Sales team, EMEA Partner team, and Product team
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing results with the goal of continual improvement
- Manage and coordinate all customer marketing activities against a defined business goal. This will include but not be limited to integrated campaigns, digital advertising, emails, Avalara events, 3rd party events, tradeshows, webinars, and thought leadership
- Ensure all activity is delivered on time, and within a managed budget
- Lead the creation of content for events, including presentations, email nurture programmes, and supporting collateral.
- Drive sales enablement efforts for all regions, providing CAM’s with messaging, sales tools, and customer stories to reduce churn and increase up sell and cross sell
- Ability to develop forecasting models for all activity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 10+ years of marketing experience and demonstrated success in a B2B SaaS environment.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Highly skilled at critical decision-making; ability to evaluate business issues and resolve problems; ability to develop and write a marketing plan and supporting value and positioning documents
- Experience of managing a budget
- Strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Proven track record of event management and execution
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- A fast learner able to quickly pick up new features added to our product and position these to customers
- Experience in financial/payment/VAT products preferred but not required
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.