It’s an exciting time to work at Avalara! Avalara employees wear orange. We’re optimistic. Curious. Adaptable. We are intensely committed to making the difficult simple for our customers – which is really hard, but really rewarding. Some say we’re a little quirky, but that’s a good thing, right? We welcome and value unique people and insights, and we believe our winning culture sets us apart. We recognize, cherish, and hire to that conviction every day.
In order to help our growing Durham office, we are seeking a Facilities Coordinator who will be help ensure that all Avalarians and their guests have a safe, secure, clean, and functional working environment. The Facilities Coordinator will assist the Facilities Manager with maintaining the Durham office, and with additional projects for the office.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with maintaining daily operations of the office, including:
- Working with the Office Manager on preparing the space for team and company events
- Supporting teams with Training Room set up and tear down
- Perform some ‘handyman’ duties as needed (spot painting, cleaning, fixing, etc.)
- Inter-office mail deliveries
- Stocking of employee break areas
- Assist with AV set up for meetings or conferences, as well as helping to trouble-shoot as needed
- Help to set up and manage relationships with service vendors
- Assist with space planning, as well as any needed moves/adds/changes (MAC) to help accommodate our growing company
- Help manage the Facilities JIRA ticketing system to monitor, resolve, and track Facilities tasks and employee requests
- Help with New Hire desk preparation and set up
- Assist with office build-outs
- Provide support to other Avalara offices if needed
- General office upkeep
- Special projects, as needed
Our team is looking for someone who can help ‘fill the gap’ and can help identify opportunities for improving the office environment.
- 1-3 years corporate Facilities experience
- Experience managing projects from start to finish
- Notices issues and loves to investigate solutions
- Working knowledge of general building maintenance
- Strong communication skills both in-person, and via email
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment to resolve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status to stakeholders
- Clean driving record
- Reliable vehicle which may be utilized for local travel
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel by airplane if needed
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.