Avalara helps businesses of all sizes get tax compliance right. In partnership with leading ERP, accounting, ecommerce, and other financial management system providers, Avalara delivers cloud-based compliance solutions for various transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, GST, excise, communications, lodging, and other indirect tax types. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world in Canada, the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com.
Avalara is seeking entrepreneurial attorneys to support Avalara’s fast-growing, global SaaS business. Avalara’s legal department is a client-focused group with a strong emphasis on providing exceptional legal advice and advancing the company’s business goals. This growing team values collaboration, creativity, ownership, and high-quality work product and is dedicated to the professional development of its members.
Job Description –
Attorneys at Avalara draft and negotiate general commercial agreements (such as SaaS, vendor, and other technology services agreements), resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, provide guidance on a broad range of issues (including data privacy and security, marketing, employment, public company matters, and procurement), provide day-to-day legal advice, manage legal interns, and assist with other legal matters. Avalara attorneys work very closely with all parts of the business. The successful candidates for these positions will have strong, relevant experience in one or more of the above areas. Avalara attorneys routinely provide direction and work through others and must have the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious, and hard working.
- Strong team player who enjoys working with and supporting other members of the Legal department and employees across the company.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and influence skills.
- Flexibility to work in multiple legal disciplines and adaptable to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
- Urgency to follow through and meet deadlines.
- Desire to facilitate the success of others.
- For Corporate Counsel - Candidates have at least 3 years of relevant legal experience with a strong preference for candidates with at least 4-6 years of experience.
- For Senior Corporate Counsel - Candidates have at least 6 years of relevant legal experience.
- Admission to the Washington or North Carolina bar, or ability to obtain admission by motion.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.