Change and Continuous Improvement Specialist
Avalara is seeking an experienced Change and Continuous Improvement Specialist who is eager to take on a new and exciting role to drive operational success in the GRS team in Brighton. You will lead on C&CI activities across the EMEA operation aimed at delivering a best in class VAT registration and returns service that delivers low cost, high value services for Avalara. You will lead on understanding processes, hosting workshops and Kaizen events, identifying and implementing effective process improvements and enabling a Lean Six sigma culture across the Company. You will have experience of deploying Lean Six Sigma management tools within a complex environment and will have the ability to prioritise and deliver a body of work that supports an ever-improving operational landscape.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding expectations and driving organizational success.
- Working with operational delivery teams, project managers, contractors, development teams and other project stakeholders to deliver effect improvements within the operation
- Responsible for the construction and maintenance of all Standard Operating procedures for the EMEA Operational team
- Shaping and driving delivery through effective problem solving and practical application of Lean Management tools including the hosting of effective team-based Kaizen events and workshops.
- Mapping, improving and driving processes, ensuring smooth flow and tracking of deliverables, activities and information
- Training and coaching others in Lean Six Sigma principles in order to mature a Lean Six Sigma culture across the Avalara business
- Managing/Leading a small team of Lean Practitioners on an improvement/project basis
- Building effective measurement tools to ensure delivered improvements continue to deliver and are sustained within an improving and controlled environment
- Create compelling presentations to educate stakeholders and celebrate success
- Support business initiatives, specifically for process improvements which benefit our Customers and Partners
- Support the production and presentation of training and SOP documentation
- Assignment to specific projects working as part of a team within the broader Avalara project and change landscape
- Support the development of a Lean culture within Avalara
- Influencing stakeholders at all levels to ensure the smooth delivery of improvement initiatives
- MBA with 7 - 10 years of work experience of which 4 - years in Process excellence
- Lean Six Sigma qualified (green belt) with a demonstrable experience of effective improvement within a complex business environment
- Experience working at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen
- Ability to understand complex processes and present these in crafted and (where necessary) simplified presentation
- Ability to train, coach and lead
- Exceptional facilitator able to work with teams to generate and implement improvement ideas
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and business improvement
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure end to end success
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed
- Experience in using facts and data to influence stakeholders across the business
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.