Customer Experience Program Manager
We’re seeking a Program Manager to join the Customer Experience team, focused on enabling the success of our customer-facing teams: Global Support, Implementation, Customer Learning, and Customer Account Management. You will work closely with the SVP of Customer Experience (one step from the President/COO) and her senior leaders to drive transparency and accountability for the department’s numerous cross-organizational project initiatives.
This role requires strong business acumen, great process development and refinement skills, outstanding interpersonal communication and influencing skillsets. In addition to being an excellent listener and communicator this role requires an ability to negotiate change management.
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to influence others to produce results. Position requires the ability to effectively collaborate with business owners, process owners, subject matter experts, and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and a bias toward action. This is a hands-on position with high visibility - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up their sleeves” and get things done.
- Build common processes to increase efficiency and consistency and accountability in project delivery across a global multi-team environment
- Ensure clear communication and understanding of project status, dependencies, and risks
- Help develop and maintain scorecards and dashboards and track and improve departmental KPI’s.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to prepare executive and departmental presentation materials
- Establish and participate in intra-departmental communication channels (all-hands meetings, published bulletins, etc.)
- Various projects and ongoing tasks to help us scale
- At least 5 years as a Program/Project Manager at an organization with at least 1000 employees
- Project Management Professional Certification a plus
- Experience in Tech/SaaS organizations a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with audiences at all levels in the company
- Highly proficient with business applications such as JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office suite, other applicable project tracking and reporting applications.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.