Senior Tax Analyst - Avalara for Accountants
The Avalara for Accounts team is a revenue generating organization that also plays a key role in driving AvaTax growth through delivering on returns filing services. We organized compliance around pillars of customer success – including: Returns Experience, Returns Management and Customer Advocacy. The Tax Analyst for Avalara for Accountants, will have responsibility to advance Avalara's AvaTax/Returns Services by driving the evolution of features and future direction of automation in pursuit of “customer self-service.” Compliance drives significant revenue as part of monthly sales and use tax returns filing services for customers.
- Subject Matter Expert to assist Accounting Firms with preparing, reviewing, and filing multi-jurisdictional sales/use, business and occupation, and gross receipts tax returns for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual filings.
- Manage a select group of accounting firms as their primary point of contact
- Provide guidance to Accounting Firms using Avalara for Accountants Software.
- Maintain/update client filing calendar information.
- Research and resolve jurisdictional notices on behalf of clients
- Perform QA related to sales/use tax content and form changes
- Prepare reconciliations or other pre/post filing tasks as assigned
- Identify ways to improve process and/or technology to better serve our Accounting Firms.
- Manage workload to effectively meet deadlines
- 2+ years in multi-jurisdictional sales and use tax preparation and filing.
- For senior role: 3+ years preparing and filing sales and use tax returns
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently yet still function as a team player
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet strict filing deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt to different software applications and tools
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access (functions include power pivot, vlookup, hlookup, etc.)
- Experience with a Big 4 firm, large corporate tax department of a multinational company, or large ERP integration is a plus.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.