Marketing Director - Ecommerce & Marketplaces
Avalara is revolutionizing a fundamental business process most people never even consider – sales tax compliance. We've set our sights on being part of every business transaction on the planet. How's that for a big idea? Come join the Orange Revolution!
What you'll do:
We're looking for an experienced, results-oriented marketing leader to join our Partner Marketing team. The Partner Marketing team's mission is to create an exceptional Avalara experience for partners, supporting them with the right engagement and marketing resources as they start, run, and scale their business with us.
Working closely with the Partner and sales business leaders, you will lead a team responsible for developing marketing strategy and plans with our ecommerce and marketplace partners You will work closely with business development to activate the marketing plans, ensuring end-to-end execution. This includes defining a comprehensive value proposition, messaging, co-branding strategy and and plans to market to and through our partners.
Being a critical member of Avalara's Partner Marketing leadership team, you will play an essential role in further defining and enhancing our partner marketing strategy:
- Outside in/partner perspective - Cultivate strategic relationships to ensure the partner and industry perspective is the driving force behind our plans and execution
- Strategic Direction – Using data and partner insights to establish go-to-market marketing plans in alignment with sales and marketing goals, commit to a long-range vision, strategy and detailed annual plans
- Business Mindset – Lead your team through the evolution Avalara is driving from standalone product to a Compliance Cloud Platform marketing approach. Leverage strong business and technical knowledge to identify opportunities to drive aggressive business growth and deliver Marketing ROI
- Marketing Innovation – Leverage automation and programmatic capabilities in an environment of testing and optimization. Be agile in a fast-changing, resource constrained environment
- Thought Leadership – Build partner stories and market across Avalara, customers and prospects sharing the value partners bring to our business
- Drive for results – execute relentlessly to deliver desired business outcomes
- Team leadership - Cultivate an innovation culture that recognizes team creativity. Develop future leaders capable of succession.
- Strategic Relationships - Evolve the marketing operating model by establishing effective relationships with business partners (including: senior executives, peers, partners, media/analysts, external vendors, and internal stakeholders)
Who You'll Work With
The team works with partners, external and internal stakeholders in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to drive marketing strategies that help partners achieve business outcomes and grow Avalara's business. You have a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and agile team that is undergoing an evolution of its practices and skills to become more integrated and automated marketing engine using a digital/ omni channel approach.
You will be a strategic partner to the Partner Management and Strategic Alliance Team, and your counterparts across Marketing and Communications. You will work across multiple teams and functions to apply all that Avalara can offer to our partners.
Who You Are
You are a passionate marketing thought leader who leads through data-driven insights. You lead inspired by delivering exemplary partner experiences.
You understand through firsthand experience the challenges of marketing complex solutions across all segments, through direct, technology partner and indirect channels.
You are an exceptional people leader who excels in a matrixed structure and creates a thriving team environment.
You will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of B2B Marketing and Communications leadership experience in tech
- Partner Marketing Experience in multiple go-to-market channels with proven knowledge and experience working with ecommerce and marketplace partners.
- Proven record of accomplishment in creating and leading sustainable high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated digital marketing success
- Experience structuring partnership agreements and contracts with a particular focus on the marketing agreement, ownership of the customer, and use of brands.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strategic, analytical thinker and great storyteller with executive presence and the ability to communicate a compelling vision, values, and strategy for partner success.
- Experience working and thriving in a global matrix environment.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.