Product Manager - Content Engineering
Product Managers work with Avalara’s product teams, engineering teams, and business leaders to define the future direction and scope for our tax return and compliance services. In this role, you will contribute to Avalara's internal tax content tooling and automation strategy and day-to-day product management activities focused on delivering reusable indirect tax rates, rules, regulations and compliance reporting across Avalara’s global product portfolio.
What you’ll do....
- Work with customers to understand their needs
- Be / become an expert in your product’s space
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Create prioritized roadmaps that deliver customer value
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design / UX
- Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to-end customer experience
What you’ll bring to the role....
- 5+ years overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 3+ years experience as a SaaS product manager
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally
- Ability to deliver requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience using major analytics tools; SQL experience is a plus
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting small-group briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science)
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers.