Sales Development Representative
Want to kick off an exciting career with a quickly growing cloud technology business? We are looking for highly energetic, customer-centric, driven professionals with sound business acumen, strong technical aptitude and natural sales instincts to join our Sales Development organization as an Inside Sales Representative. You will gain experience interacting with clients of all levels, in a variety of industries and across a broad geographical area. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance through a clearly defined learning and earning path. Avalara offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to sell business solutions and take your career to the next level!
What's In It For You
- In-house, high-performance sales and product knowledge training
- Exceptional coaching and skills training and career growth opportunities
- Casual, fun work environment including: an onsite exercise facility, Tiki Lounge, summer BBQs and the Avalara Band!
- Solid Base Salary + Commission, 3 Weeks Vacation plus Holidays, Medical/Dental coverage, and more
What You’ll Do
- Respond to and qualify incoming web and phone inquiries regarding Avalara products
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a world class experience
- Build an excellent knowledge of products and services to be sold
- Maintain active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest in Avalara products
- Drive customer participation in webinars, certification events, and/or conferences
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified and sales accepted opportunities
- Actively collaborate as a team member within the department and with the organization as a whole
- Curious, ambitious and achievement oriented
- Persistent and positive by nature
- Interested in the pursuit of mastery through practice, commitment and discipline
- Strong desire to be in technology sales
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative
- Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred
- 1-2 Years of corporate experience, outside of undergraduate graduation (Software sales is a plus)
- Prior inside sales experience
- Experience being held to and motivated by metrics
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with sales tax, excise tax, and other transactional tax requirements by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate and easy to use. Avalara’s end-to-end suite of solutions is designed to effectively manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities in the United States and internationally.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.