Product Manager - SAP Integrations
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced, self-motivated Product Manager who understands customer needs related to using Avalara's compliance offerings together with SAP based platform solutions.
More specifically, you will own the discipline of embedding Sales Tax, VAT, Consumer Use Tax, and Global Tax functionality into multiple SAP based integrations. You will work with customers, SAP and other partners, and Avalara's internal teams to ensure product / market fit. You'll own the roadmap for this area and the prioritization of use cases and the definition of all product requirements. And you'll collaborate with a cross-functional, geographically-dispersed team that includes program management, engineering, and Avalara's customer support and training teams.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the dynamic and rapidly evolving SAP solutions and platform technologies to ensure compatibility and prioritization of features that support Avalara's customers' requirements
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Establish a roadmap that aligns with both with SAP's roadmap and Avalara's strategic vision and execute on it using an agile, iterative approach
- Identify and prioritize key use cases from customers, internal customer facing teams, and other stakeholders
- Research and write detailed and actionable technical product requirements for engineering to execute against
- Drive results through influence, and collaborate effectively with product management peers, engineering, sales and business development, and other internal teams to identify dependencies and meet roadmap commitments
- Drive critical issues to resolution, internally and with partners and customers, acting as a primary point of escalation for customers and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Legal and Business Development teams to create high-impact go to market plans
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to-end customer experience
- 3+ years experience as a product manager leading SaaS offerings in the B2B space
- 5+ years of experience defining integration points and /or customer-facing workflows for SAP based ERP systems – SAP 4/Hana, SAP ECC.
- 3+ years experience with Tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce and other financial accounting systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies and commonly used tools such as Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.