Support Launch Manager
To meet the needs of our expanding product offering but limit the impact to our core delivery teams as they work to scale and improve core customer experience, we are building an incubation-integration support team. This team will be responsible for creating the flexibility within Avalara to build and launch products quickly without impacting core support teams, allowing us more time to build technical expertise, ensure scalable processes and validate customer experience without slowing down market driven dates or business needs.
The Support Launch Manager will be responsible for technical management and day-to-day support for customers on products that Avalara is “incubating” while also helping to integrate these newly incubated products into the Global Support Organization (GSO). Prior to integration with GSO, the Support Launch Manager will work directly with customers to resolve their issues in a timely manner. This will include monitoring and triaging customer support tickets (Cases) and working with ticket assignees to drive resolution. During Integration, Support Launch Manager will drive technical activities required to ensure a successful transition into GSO including: creation of documentation for both process and technical product knowledge, identification of and requirements gathering for tooling or product enhancements to scale as well as aligning escalation paths and case flows with GSO. You will be expected to live by our ‘Cult of the customer’ philosophy and be an active influencer for increasing the overall satisfaction of our customer base through assisting in the creation and implementation of customer centric support processes and workflow.
- Provide technical management to customers through day-to-day technical support, escalation of issues to internal teams, technical gap identification and remediation, and technical configurations / workarounds
- Act as authoritative technical escalation and resolution owner across multiple products to meet support entitlement levels, driving ticket resolution, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Gain familiarity with the customer’s operational environment and leverage that knowledge for trouble resolution/ guidance
- Act as customer advocate and liaison with development and product teams for all technical issues
- Drive technical satisfaction with new offerings
- Document needs for technical support requirements and workflow diagrams
- Partner with product management and development during incubation and integration phases to improve customer experience and ensure scalable support delivery post integration
- Define and modify technical processes to meet a more standardized support process to integrate into the larger GSO organization
- Perform technical reviews of new offerings and provide best practice documentation and communication to GSO
- Provide advanced support as the GSO SME for new offerings
- Ensure the GSO can support these new customers and support requirements long-term without your help
- Proficiency in technical workings of at least two core Avalara applications and:
- API functionality (Function and error identification)
- Document management and process flow
- AvaTax connector functionality (Big 5)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Mastery of data flow between customer and any relevant Avalara products
- Expertise in SF case and queue management to include:
- Ticket assignment based on skill set
- Workload analysis and assignment balancing
- Advanced ticket driver analysis and root cause identity
- Critical thinking/analysis to include
- Data analysis for feedback to Product on areas of opportunity
- Trouble shooting for most efficient resolution or escalation
- Pro-active suggestions based on ticket trends
- Prioritization of open development tickets
- Technical abilities to include the following:
- Database analysis
- Database structural knowledge
- Relational knowledge of customer/certificate/data feed/ data source
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements
- Documentation experience (Technical or Business)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.