Sr. Product Manager, Form Service (R6658)
As Sr. Product Manager of our Form Service, you will be a part of our fun and diverse Returns Product team building automation that enables Avalara to scale as we continue to grow. We are redefining our shared services with a focus on extensibility from our existing businesses into future expansions and acquisitions, so we are looking for a Senior Product Manager with experience building products and reusable services in similar high growth companies. This role will be focused on our Form Service, which automates pulling data from various inputs to generate completed forms that are remitted to jurisdictions around the world.
You will thrive in this role if you appreciate the complexities of ambiguity, and enjoy being challenged by your peers to pursue innovative solutions in unique problem spaces. You will collaborate with our existing business units as well as new acquisitions to understand use cases, identify gaps in product functionality, and build and prioritize a short and long-term roadmap.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external customers to understand their needs, and translate those needs into new products and feature enhancements
- Build and articulate a clear and compelling product strategy and roadmap that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements consumable by engineering teams based on data-driven prioritization
- Serve as agile Product Owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively across many different product, engineering, and business teams to develop a cohesive product strategy
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- 8+ years overall professional career experience
- 5+ years experience as a SaaS Product Manager, leading products at multiple lifecycle stages that serve customer bases that span small business owners up to enterprise, across a variety of verticals
- Exceptional written and oral communication, with experience conducting briefings, demos, and presenting to leadership as well as customers
- Experience engaging with current and prospective customers to understand their needs, workflows, and gain context
- Experience with agile development methodologies, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience creating customer journey maps to define end-to-end customer experiences
- Ability to deliver developer-ready requirements based on customer and data driven inputs
- Team player able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- A mix of startup and big company experience to build empathy and familiarity with the opportunities and challenges in a high-growth environment
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce platforms, and other financial systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience with APIs, shared services, and extensibility
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science)
- MBA or advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.