Senior Director, Corporate Communications
- Lead Avalara's global PR program, managing internal teams and agency partners across regions to grow Avalara's presence and advance its storyline with traditional media and influential sources
- Lead Avalara's industry analyst relations program, including managing and advancing relationships with tier one firms, developing analyst-led content programs to further brand messaging, and coordinating across many teams to present business, product, and customer strategies to the analyst community
- Lead executive communications to ensure Avalara's CEO, President and other senior leaders' voices are clear, consistent, and heard both internally and externally
- Develop integrated communications strategies with a company-wide perspective to advance the understanding of and interest in Avalara's business strategy among internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as a trusted strategic communications advisor to Avalara's senior leadership team on timeliness, messaging and delivery.
- Serve as a core role on corporate communications for financial and investor materials, including earnings calls, mergers and acquisitions, and any other material events.
- Lead the internal communications team, including external partners, and determine the strategic priorities to serve the business and leadership team as the company grows.
- Drive the development of high-quality communications material across a variety of formats, platforms and channels. Drives the development of new channels as appropriate.
- Own and drive employer brand strategy in partnership with the global talent acquisition team and brand strategy teams.
- Partner with the brand marketing, talent acquisition and creative teams to capture and merchandise employee stories from across the organization.
- Oversee the creation of internal and external communications deliverables ranging from internal company emails to global All Hands, AMAs, speeches and video presentations.
- Work closely with other marketing teams to leverage the executive team in strategic opportunities and boost Avalara awareness with internal and external populations.
- Manage the annual Avalara employee event (Connect), working closely with executives, workplace experience, and creative teams to develop messaging and content, presentations, and promotion for the event across global teams.
Experience & Qualification
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications and/or executive communications (including both internal and external communications experience), including 5+ years of team leadership experience
- Work in the finance or technology industries is a benefit but not requirement
- Demonstrated experience apply a global perspective to communications, understanding localization and appropriate timeliness for globally distributed teams
- Partnership with executives, and excellent writing and story telling skills
- Experience working across a variety of communication channels and formats, including speeches, video, Q&A, etc.
- Experience working at a publicly traded company preferred
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.