Sr. Business Development Manager - Partner Contracts
Are you a self-starter who wants to make a big impact? We want to talk to you. This person will transition existing partners to updated agreements and assist the partnership teams with new agreements. Someone remarkably smart and motivated will love this role. We have a team of fun interesting people and are looking for you to help accelerate our already healthy growth.
- Maintain a pipeline of existing partners on older agreements and transition them to updated agreements.
- Advise and assist with new partnership agreements to drive partner success and scalability.
- Develop a professional working relationship with a partner's decision makers.
- Build business cases in recommending transition to updated agreements.
- Articulate the value of Avalara products and services in a compelling manner to partners in various industries and to various external audiences.
- Work with a cross functional team made up of Business Development, Sales, Legal, Product, Product Marketing, Finance and Operations.
- Project a professional image in all communications.
- Develop subject matter expertise on Avalara products and industry best practices to provide actionable recommendations to partners during contract negotiation
- Occasional travel to meet with partners and to other Avalara offices.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience.
- Consistent track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators.
- Seven or more years of business development, partner management, contracting, consulting or related experience.
- “Executive presence” on the phone and in person.
- Fervent attention to detail; you are the kind of person that pays attention to the small stuff.
- Experience and skill in negotiating standardized and complex contracts
- Experience with spreadsheets and presenting business cases in clear and compelling ways.
- Familiar with SaaS company metrics is a plus.
- Familiar with accounting processes and transactional tax is a plus.
- Familiar with invoicing related software (for example: ERP or ecommerce) is a plus.
- Comfort with code, math, and equations is a plus.
- Aptitude towards automating processes is a plus.
- Legal background is a plus
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.