Sr. HR Business Partner (6381)
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Human Resources Business Partner to join our HR Team in the beautiful Seattle Hawk Tower office.
You will work closely with the Sales and Marketing leaders and their teams to deliver full employee life cycle talent and people programs, supporting leaders in effectively managing engagement and culture within their organizations.
You will bring a background in organizational and change management practices to help leaders design their organizations for scale and agility. You will be a champion for our amazing and unique culture to ensure that we are embodying the Avalara Success Traits.
This position entails both strategic and tactical functions – assessing the needs of the business and translating those into actions that will help grow and develop the business, its leaders and employees.
- BA/BS degree (Master's a plus!) with 5+ years Human Resources experience
- Experience in high tech and/or growth environment strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, recruitment, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, HRIS familiarity
- Interpersonal skills consistent with an entrepreneurial, SMB environment where teamwork is of the utmost importance
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.