Senior Value Engineer Opportunity (General Application) 6829
As a Senior Value Engineer, your role will be to act as a strategic business value advisor to our customers and prospects. In this role, you will not only help potential customers understand how they can create business value by implementing solutions, but also help existing customers measure the actual value they have achieved with our solutions.
- Engage with prospects as a subject matter expert on financial value and business impact to grow deal size, reduce sales cycle times and increase win rates
- Build collaborative and compelling business cases for Executives / CEOs / Board
- Continuously refine financial value-based selling methodology including tools, deliverables, offerings
- Educate and coach Sales Organization on how to implement this methodology successfully into Target Accounts
- As an integral part of Worldwide Sales, work very closely with Sales Management, Sales Directors, Product Management, Alliances and Marketing to support and drive regional initiatives to improve pipeline generation and subscription revenue
- Execute business value assessment workshops in key accounts
- Manage multiple such engagements at the same time under tight timelines
- Deliver world-class C-level Executive proposals and presentation materials with improved strategic messaging and content targeting C-level Economic Buyers
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal teams including Sales, Pre-Sales, Services
- Develop multi-level sales strategies and methodologies for targeted account penetration activities; help design field sales campaigns against targeted verticals or competitive take-out targets; develop content, materials and sales enablement programs for key target verticals; develop and improve competitive positioning and messaging to enable the sales team
- Continuously innovate value selling tools including ROI calculators, TCO models
- Work closely with sales, pre-sales, and professional services teams to qualify prospects/customers and plan/position value discovery and value measurement engagements.
- Execute collaborative value discovery engagements and deliver persuasive presentations to prospects convincing them of the business value of solutions to their businesses.
- Collaborate with customers, via value measurement engagements, to identify and report the business value received by customers and publish value-based customer case studies.
- Work with various internal teams to learn and document the industry specific value drivers for solutions and create ROI/TCO models.
- Continuously innovate value discovery framework including market and industry competitive analysis and specific value drivers.
- Provide thought leadership & coaching to sales/pre-sales teams to accelerate sales cycles.
- Participate and lead cross-discipline, multi-LOB engagement teams with senior experts from sales, pre-sales, consulting, and solution architecture to help shape and drive large technology opportunities
- Interact, prioritize and manage relationships with field sales organizations and pre-sales to align and drive engagement support with regional sales goals
- Participate in customer engagements with the top customers and deliver high impact as an engagement sponsor
- Provide coaching to team members by leveraging knowledge and experience of IT and business specific issues and solutions, management consulting skills and analytical abilities in identifying key CIO strategic drivers assessing process capabilities and developing business case for IT enhancement
- Leverage knowledge and experience of IT best practices, customer operational objectives and strategic IT objectives to define clear strategy, solution architecture and roadmap with actionable value communication and enable a successful customer experience and reviewing engagement plans, project deliverables
- Contributes to team thought leadership by constantly synthesizing the customer experiences into content and methodologies that can be leveraged
- Drive the development of industry specific technology value selling tools, programs and initiatives to be leveraged by the sales, marketing and consulting organizations
- Support value-selling training activities and the value-selling community to expand skills to non-Insight team resources
- Identify customer business and technology strategies
- Assess customer current state and envision future state
- Both lead and act as the subject matter expert (SME) on presales engagements
- As an SME, be able to construct and deliver via on-site, collaborative customer interviews and workshops the following customer assets and recommendations
- Financially quantified business case, with full ROI (NPV, IRR and Payback)
- Ability to build credibility and trust with Senior Executives and VP/Director/Manager/Analysts levels within customer accounts
- 3-5 years of experience in a Value engineering, Consulting, or Pre-sales role
- Project management and multi-tasking skills that involves strong collaboration with both customers as well as internal resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – crisp and effective
- Experience with working with Sales Management and Field Sales
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving capability
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Proven experience in designing and leading business consulting engagements that include cross-functional teams
- Self-sufficiency, a high degree of autonomy and a passion for working in a fast-paced startup company environment.
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That’s why we’re growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at [email protected]
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.