VP Investor Relations (6304)
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that’s disrupting a multi-billion dollar industry? That’s what we’re doing here at Avalara.
We’re looking for a mission-driven leader to join our world-class Finance team as our Vice President of Investor Relations. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and execute an internal investor relations strategy that will be critical to the growth and strategic direction of the company. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will partner with the CEO, CFO, and the entire leadership team to position our company for continued growth and build our relationships with the investment community.
You must have exceptional communication, analytical and collaborative skills. You are experienced working with corporate executives and public investors.
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead the design and implementation of our IR strategy from the ground up
- Facilitate and build trusted relationships and continue to develop credibility and confidence with investors and sell-side analysts
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build a better understanding of the company to drive our short and long-term IR positioning strategy, including how we evolve our external messaging and reporting metrics
- Partner with key company executives to develop analyst day content and strategy, as well as other investor events
- Develop investor communications including press releases, executive talking points, presentations, investor website content, fact sheets, etc.
- Oversee the quarterly earnings cycle process, including preparation of our earnings script and press release, potential analyst Q&A, regulatory filings and other related materials in conjunction with finance, legal, communications, and other parties
- Lead the review and summary of third party reports, competitive financial analyses, benchmarking, and aggregate information from various financial data sources
- Work closely with senior staff on internal and external financial planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Support M&A activities across the finance function as needed
- Self-starter with 10+ years of relevant experience in technology-oriented investor relations and/or buy-side or sell-side
- Experience with enterprise software, preferably SaaS
- Strong communication, relationship, and organizational skills
- Unquestioned ethics, a sense of urgency, and the ability to simultaneously execute on both tactical and strategic projects with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to develop financial models (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow)
- Understanding of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Demonstrated understanding of disclosure rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, manage and influence peers to execute work streams across various levels, departments, and geographies
- Attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, accounting, finance or economics (MBA preferred)
- Travel required estimated at 50% plus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.