Director, Technical Programs
Are you an experienced technical leader with a desire to apply your skills at global scale to support our Go Live team, within our Customer Success organization? Our team is looking for a passionate and purposeful candidate to join our team.
This position provides an opportunity to directly contribute to the growing success of Avalara's business. You, as an Architect at Avalara will be leading and driving technology standards for Go Live team in collaboration with various groups like Product Engineering/ Security/ Operations/Marketing and IT.
As part of the Go-Live Team, you'd focus on improving the customer onboarding velocity and transforming customer experience.
You will need to work with key stakeholders, senior management, project managers, and cross functionally with implementation consultants from the Implementation Services team to drive successful launches of new products.
Delivering on these areas of focus will help us create a material impact on the business, empower our teams to more effectively engage with customers, and improve customer experience.
Our team is seeking an experienced, results driven technical leader to lead the creation of programs to drive the adoption of changes that impact our Implementation Services team.
The role is highly collaborative, and you will be expected to create clarity in a complex organizational environment, generate energy through a bias towards action, and deliver results.
A successful candidate should be comfortable working within a highly volume, high results organization, demonstrate agility, exhibit solid organizational, communication, and presentation skills, and have a strong customer focus.
- Serves as the technical leader for Go-Live products and projects
- Continue to refine onboarding processes to improve overall velocity, throughput and customer experience.
- Ability to lead or participate in technical integration discussions and design workshops with product vendors and engineering team.
- Act as the GoLive technical focal for all strategic initiatives, ensuring the scope and outcomes are on track
- Partner with stakeholders in the GoLive organization and subject matter experts to identify initiatives and prioritize them. This includes influencing, as well as being influenced by stakeholders
- Work with Product, and Implementation Services stakeholders to enable partnership throughout design, testing, and launch processes
- Manage programs with a ‘customed focus' mindset, being the ‘voice of the customer' for stakeholder teams during new process development, testing, and launch
- Participate in and sometimes drive regular cross-functional syncs
- Document and share successful delivery practices
- Lead modernization and process automation efforts using tools like UIPath/Gainsight/Financial Force/Gong.
- Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of a 4-year technical degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field
- Requires at least 15+ years of relevant experience
- Have strong communication capabilities nurtured within a Customer Success/Support context
- Ability to work and create structure in complex and ambiguous situations and respond flexibly in time sensitive situations
- Knowledge and experience in SaaS business, Support Offerings, and Delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Willingness to challenge the status-quo with the aptitude and tenacity to change it
- Proficiency in process improvement and passion for enhancing customer experience
- Impact, influence, and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of Salesforce product suite and features, capabilities, best use, including knowledge of the Salesforce platform and ecosystem is a plus.
- Knowledge of tools like Gainsight, Gong/Execvision or Financial force is added plus.
- Experience working with Enterprise-level customers in a consulting organization
- Experience in process automation. Process automation using UIPath is an added plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.