Strategic Alliance Manager (6136)
The mission of the Strategic Alliances team is to create long-term, multi-dimensional partnerships that drive mutual revenue for Avalara and our partners and ensure client success. The Strategic Alliance Manager is responsible for identifying, analyzing, signing and managing partnerships that will help Avalara achieve its goals and generate new client ARR.
This position forms deep relationships with external partners at all levels of their organization, provides a main point of contact for the partnership, and is the entry point for that partnership working with Avalara Sales, Marketing and other business units.
- Recruit, engage, train and market with partners
- Navigate up and down organization as appropriate
- Act as the point of contact to increase partner knowledge and proactively train partners regarding general tax, Avalara product, services, resources and differentiators
- Generate partner driven pipeline through pro-active prospecting with partner’s customer facing reps
- Act as a liaison between our sales teams and partners to help build working relationships resulting in growing our bookings numbers/meeting and/or exceeding your territory goals
- Lead partner marketing efforts with the help of Partner Marketing Managers for marketing and co-marketing opportunities (lunch-n-learns, seminars, webinars, campaigns, trade shows) with key partners
- Grow your partner account base through pro-active recruitment in targeted channels
- Provide clear and organized reporting regarding your active partners, target partners, and territory.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with top partners and assist Strategic Alliance Managers in monitoring progress towards strategic goals, maintain momentum in specific channels
- Provide feedback to channel peers and leadership regarding market intelligence, competition, knowledge gaps and other valuable insights gained while working with partners
- Manage partner inquiries regarding sales, product, commissions, customer escalations, etc
- Build out & maintain partner profile information and contact information as well as log calls and communications in CRM and other systems
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have 8+ years of Partner/Channel experience in the Technology industry
- Strong customer success mindset
- Capable of building trust quickly, developing and maintaining relationships
- Ability to create these genuine relationships in various environments including in-person, phone, email, and web meetings
- Possess a solid sales foundation with an outgoing, optimistic personality
- Engage effectively at the C-Suite and Executive level both internally and externally
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with the ability take ownership and initiative approaching all tasks and projects proactively
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger, longer term projects
- Competency with Salesforce, Outlook, SalesLoft, Excel and Office Suite, Atlassian/Jira a plus
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and a positive approach
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com