SDET - API and Automation
In this role, you will be responsible for functional, performance, and integration testing by creating automated test cases to ensure world class quality of Avalara products. You will be responsible for understanding requirements and designing test cases from the requirements. You will be working closely with product and developer teams on a day to day basis. You will be the voice of the customer within the organization, demanding zero defects, five nine’s reliability and ease of use.
- Responsible for automated testing throughout agile development iterations to ensure zero defects
- Participate in sprint planning, providing input on required testing tasks, process, and associated effort for the selected user stories
- Work closely with product team to create test cases from user stories
- Analyze customer bugs and work on repro and provide developers with a possible way to fix it
- Contribute towards continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Responsible for creating performance and load tests and create report on performance impact for every release
- Participate in code reviews for both the developer and SDET teams
- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First and Zero Defects culture.
- Work closely with the Operations team to come up with plans for deployment and provide all the support needed for uptime.
- A minimum of 3 years related work experience creating automated test cases, test plans and code coverage
- Strong coding skills with experience in object oriented languages such as C# or Java
- Experience working on RESTful web services
- Experience using Github and Jenkins (or similar)
- A strong background with SQL
- Experience understanding complex requirements and designing test plans
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Preferred Qualificaitons
- Knowledge of working on AWS systems (or similar)
- Knowledge of working on Jenkins (or similar)
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.