Business Development Specialist - DAVO
About DAVO by Avalara
DAVO by Avalara is a business unit of Avalara that focuses on providing seamless end-to-end sales tax management services for small businesses. We design, build and deliver a software as a service (SaaS) product that integrates with businesses' point-of-sale (POS) technology to automate tracking, setting aside, filing and remittance of taxes. With our solution, business owners can focus on running their businesses instead of worrying about taxes.
Learn more about DAVO at davosalestax.com and Avalara at avalara.com.
The person in the Business Development Specialist role with DAVO will play both a “hunter” and a “farmer” role. On the “hunter” side, you will strategically evaluate market opportunities, identify high priority partners, start a conversation in any way possible, and help take a partnership deal from concept to signature. On the “farmer” side, once the partnership is in place, you will look for promotional opportunities and help nurture the partnership to its full potential.
Someone remarkably smart and self motivated who enjoys winning through well-thought out experimentation and persistence will love this role.
- Analyze DAVO's primary markets (such as hospitality and retail) to identify and develop key POS account alliances and relationship programs designed to produce DAVO sales opportunities.
- Find marketing opportunities to promote DAVO within our various POS partnerships and ensure that partners have what they need to promote DAVO to their sales force, support teams and customer base: one-sheets, logos, testimonials, lead forms, etc.
- Develop a professional working relationship with a partner prospect's decision makers.
- Build business cases and complete market sizing models to sell partners on integrating DAVO products.
- Articulate and evangelize the value of DAVO in a compelling manner to partners in various industries and to various external audiences.
- Recruit, develop and manage strategic partner alliances/partnerships and opportunity pipelines to ensure the retention, growth and customer satisfaction of accounts.
- Monitor programs to assess the sales impact of DAVO in the marketplace and the overall success of the partnership, then provide analyses and recommendations to management
- Help provide financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential alliances/partnerships.\
- Monitor competitor activity in accounts and implements strategies to maintain account ownership and block competitor advancement where applicable.
- Help manage POS SPIFF and sales incentive programs
- Manage new POS customer lead requests
- Manage the POS partnership matrix
- Assist with events & sales trainings
- Work with a cross functional team made up of Business Development, Sales, Product Marketing, and Operations to ensure maximum revenue potential
- Project a professional image in all communications.
- Develop subject matter expertise on DAVO and Avalara products and industry best practices to provide actionable recommendations to partners during contract negotiation and product integration.
- Occasional travel to meet with partners and to other Avalara offices.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience.
- Consistent track record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators.
- Five or more years of business development, sales, customer or partner management, partner marketing, consulting or related experience.
- “Executive presence” on the phone and in person.
- Fervent attention to detail; you are the kind of person that pays attention to the small stuff.
- Some skill in negotiating contracts and comfort discussing legal documents and terminology.
- Experience with spreadsheets and presenting business cases in clear and compelling ways
- Experience with PowerPoint and/or Google Slides
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign is a plus
- Familiar with SaaS company metrics is a plus.
- Familiar with accounting processes and transactional tax is a plus.
- Some comfort with code, math, and equations is a plus.
- Aptitude towards automating processes is a plus.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.