Partner Technical Account Managers (P-TAM) (5694)
The Partner Technical Account Manager (P-TAM) is responsible for supporting and managing the partners’ proficiency on Avalara’s products and services, in support of partner’s success in automating their customers tax compliance needs.
The P-TAM will provide rapid and accurate resolution of technical support requests being escalated by partners to Avalara. This involves performing as the authoritative technical escalation and ownership point across multiple products to provide a high degree of satisfaction. (this role is not intended to provide technical support directly to customers individually, but to provide support through the partner through escalation support and training of the partner. There may be times when the customer will attend conference calls with the partner and P-TAM in order to accelerate resolution on an as-needed basis.)
The P- TAM will forge a positive and lasting relationship with key partners and their representatives. The P-TAM will work proactively with partners, understanding their products, industries, customers, and challenges, and identify trends in their customer’s needs and provide training, documentation, and job enablement tools to ensure that partners are prepared to solve customer issues and therefore avoid future support requests.
Provide Technical Support for Authorized Partners:
- Operate independently, take initiative and make business decisions to minimize risk and improve the business and financial success of partners or customers.
- Perform timely support ticket analysis and response for partner cases including issue replication, research, root cause analysis and document, accordingly, using each as an opportunity to educate partner to avoid future support requests.
- Train and support partners to optimize the use of AvaTax, CertCapture, Returns and system integrations (connectors) for their customers.
- Own partner-escalated technical support issues through resolution for those partners who are authorized to access Partner Support
- Host informative or escalation meetings with partners
- Participate in meetings with partners and program management teams, providing ticket disposition and additional information as deemed necessary
- Perform as a partner advocate and liaison with design, development, product and support teams for all partner issues. Provide voice of the partner and voice of the customer perspective to drive product improvement.
- Drive development ticket resolution to support partners’ issues and requests
- Create knowledge articles and documentation where applicable
Provide Proactive Partner Support Management for Authorized Partners:
- Host proactive support planning meetings intended to avoid future support requests/escalations; Seek out opportunities to become technically conversant in the existing and new product offerings, then transfer this knowledge to partners, enabling them to better support their customers.
- Facilitate visibility to partners of their customers’ support tickets and trends
- Identify partner challenges and mitigate where applicable by providing awareness, training and tools
- Maintain timely knowledge of partners’ Avalara-related offerings, current and future
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with key partner contacts
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, take initiative and make business decisions to minimize risk and improve the business and financial success of partners or customers.
- Exceptional customer and/or partner relationship management
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing customers and their enterprise software systems (ERP, accounting systems, etc)
- Ability to demonstrate examples of key Avalara Success Traits related to success in this position: Ownership, Urgency, Humility, Simplicity, Adaptability, Curiosity
- Expert-level proficiency in the setup and configuration of AvaTax, CertCapture and Returns
- Expert level proficiency in either of the following:
- AvaTax connector configuration and troubleshooting (especially NetSuite, Sage, Microsoft, API)
- Performing the role of Tax Manager or Tax Consultant, including the filing of returns, assessment of and mitigation of risk around sales and local taxes (SALT)
- Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal direction.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Strong team collaborator across multiple functional areas.
- Technical abilities to include the following:
- Database analysis
- Database structural knowledge
- competency in APIs and data manipulation
- Relational knowledge of customer/certificate/data feed/ data source
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements
- Ability to perform complex trouble shooting for all data logistics elements.
- Mastery of data flows between customer and Avalara products.
- Background in accounting and taxation
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.