Tax Specialist (6311)
The goal of the Tax Specialist is to provide support and assistance to the various Compliance teams within the Denver office to ensure a smooth operation and allow the teams to focus on their primary tasks. This position requires the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential. The Tax Specialist is an internal and external facing representative for Avalara.Job Duties
• Handle Compliance related work from our tax teams as assigned including mail, research, analysis, data entry
• Work with IT and other departments various needs of the office
• Plan and organize office wide events
• Managing office supplies expense reports, etc.
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• 1 to 3 years of experience in office environment as office manager or admin assistant
• Intermediate computer technical skills - MS Excel
• Demonstrated ability to be successful while overcoming obstacles, driven problem solver
• Exhibits strong professional written and verbal communication skills, including conveying information in clear and simple method
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
• Demonstrates ability to be successful while overcoming obstacles, driven problem solver
• Enjoys details, working with data and performing analysis
• Provides examples of process improvements
• Excited individual that brings energy and wants to be a part of something great
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
A privately held company, Avalara’ s venture capital investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures, and other institutional and individual investors. Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.