Top Customer Program Manager
The International GTM & Sales Programs team is responsible for bringing growth initiatives to life in the form of programs to improve sales efficiency and scale across international markets. The team is building the capabilities needed to scale Avalara internationally, into new markets and customer segments, and introduce new product and service offerings and sell through new channels. The team works across functionally to build and evolve ongoing campaigns to grow our upsell & cross-sell efforts. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating efforts with stakeholder teams to build and drive Avalara's Top Customer program for International markets, to build deep knowledge and engagement with our strategic customers, with an objective to maximizing mutual value for Avalara and our customers.
We are looking for a leader with sales, product and operational experience and a clear track record of driving business growth, who will join a small team of talented builders who lay the foundation for operations at scale. Your ability to collaborate and influence a large number of constituents within Avalara will be critical to your success in this role.
Our organization is one that's dynamic, high energy, and highly collaborative. If you have an inner entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working in fast-paced environments, and yearn for hands-on impact then this organization is the right one for you.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, services, customer support & product to focus on strategic top account engagement to maximize value to the customer as well as Avalara
- Work with sales to identify key account segment criteria and identify prospective customers for the program
- Articulate benefits of Top Account Program for customers, and work with stakeholder teams to sign up customers for the program
- Develop a deep understanding of customers' business, growth plan and priorities, in order to position the most relevant solutions that will provide value
- Establish Key account planning framework & work with customer account team Value Engineering; Map key stakeholder and define customer specific engagement plans
- Create & manage analytics & reports for actionable intelligence on maximizing customer value
- Identify upsell & cross-sell opportunities & effective strategies to help customers realize benefits of full range of Avalara's Cloud Compliance Platform offerings, and grow customer share of wallet
- Work with customer account and marketing teams to implement cadence of customer communications, targeted outreach, customer feedback sessions and executive engagement
- Manage implementation and management of appropriate technology solutions to help with the above
- Requires a combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience.
- A good understanding of standard business practices related to Sales Operations processes and systems including lead to live sales cycles, salesforce.com, reporting, forecasting, territory management and sales quotas.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing business priorities.
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds. That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone.
That's why we're growing fast. Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at [email protected]
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.