International Digital Experience Manager
About the opportunity: You will work to establish the goals and objectives, create frameworks and information architectures, and apply UX best practices to inform the global web experience at Avalara. To do this, you’ll use research, trends and data on markets, consumers and culture.
About you: You like to solve problems and answer questions with data. You are fascinated by human behavior and love to tease out insights. You happily straddle the line between strategy and technology. You think big, but when it comes time to execute, you’re pragmatic about program restraints. You are up for a challenge and excited to learn. You do not need a lot of handholding when it comes to getting the job done. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity. You have experience defining a digital and website strategy that addresses diverse, international audiences.
What you'll do
- Partner with international subject matter experts to fully understand their localized businesses
- Collaborate closely with product marketing and digital product owners
- Conduct and analyze digital user research to identify content needs and gaps across user journeys
- Consolidate notes from insights and discovery sessions into actionable requirements
- Produce content audits and gap analyses across Avalara digital properties with an emphasis on international sites
- Provide feedback to all contributors to ensure that content aligns to strategy and quality standards
- Analyze website content tagging and organization to support web content strategy
- Develop strategies that put the right content in front of the right person on the right channel at the right time
- Advocate for content strategy as a discipline within your immediate team and in the organization at large
- Use your expert communication skills to facilitate dialogue between internal and external clients and teams
- Shared ownership of the business targets for web channels
- Represent voice of the customer in developing strategies to impact the end to end digital funnel
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, design, or business
- 5+ years owning content strategy, web development, and execution processes
- An understanding of UX, technology, and the role content plays in design
- Basic understanding of SEM and SEO
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear and persuasive stories, requirements, and proposals.
- Experience using data and analysis tools to ask/answer business questions and help groups reach understanding.
- Ability to work well within a team, taking direction well and asking for help when needed
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work products
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Project management experience in an environment with diverse stakeholders and delivery teams
- Proven ability to connect work product with B2B pipeline
- Experience delivering a strategy that addresses multi-country, multi-language audiences
- Familiarity with the principles of design thinking
- Expert in presenting ideas and work in person to leadership and executives
- Willingness to travel internationally 1-2/year
- Proven effectiveness in working within a large company to gain commitment and support for projects and initiatives
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.