Software Engineer - Workday
- Developing configurations, enhancements, & customization of Workday
- Develop, test and deploy integrations required to meet business requirements.
- Track issues and risks; communicate status and escalate concerns to project management.
- Understand existing codebase and identify improvement area.
- Come up with technical designs for new features.
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or
Engineeringdegree in computer/IT etc.
yearsrelevant experience is essential.
- Certification — Must be Workday Studio certified.
- Technical knowledge — Must have working experience in Workday studio.
- Techno functional — Must have sound knowledge of Workday functional and technical architecture.
- Integration knowledge — Must have knowledge in integration involving web services (XML, SOAP, WSDL) and REST protocols.
- OOPS Concepts — Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Design — Good design skills
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must be a team player and participate actively in technical/project
- Experience with AGILE development processes like Scrum
- Experience in working with geographically diverse teams.
- Working Conditions: Working with U.S. counterparts would require approx. 5-6 hours per week overlap.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.