Senior Software Engineer (Automation) - R1072
It is an Individual Contributor role responsible for the development and maintenance of the product from a testing perspective. His/her primary focus will be on manual testing (25%), creation of automation framework and related testing processes. He will be driving all quality aspects of the product.
We need SDET/Sr. SDET who is interested in migrating to the Developer/Sr. Developer role. In a long run, he would be working fully on development activities along with managing automation framework.
- Engage in continuous automated and manual testing activity throughout agile development iterations to ensure zero defects.
- Participate in iteration planning, providing input on required testing tasks, process, and associated effort for the selected user stories.
- Create and manage bug reports, ensuring they are clearly communicated to the team and addressed in a timely, thorough, and satisfactory manner.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Be a passionate voice of the customer within the development organization.
- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First and Zero Defects culture.
- Be open & able to adapt new technology frequently & fairly quickly and start producing results.
- Computer science degree or an equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of experience in a software testing role, shipping complex applications to large scale production environments
- A strong background with SQL and C#.NET.
- Strong understanding & hands on experience with testing of REST API's using custom automation framework.
- Hands on knowledge of different test methodology & corresponding tools like NUnit, MsTest, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, etc.
- Sound knowledge about best practices in coding, scripting. Attitude to enforce them on developers to adhere to best practices.
- Passion for continuing education and improving code quality through interaction with development team.
- Perform code reviews and be able to suggest and influence design decisions.
- Passion for finding bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code through the use of automation tools.
- Should have broad minded thinking-should be able to look at system from bird eye view & at the code level as well.
- Software Developers (who does not have prior testing experience or having minimal testing experience) but passionate to take an SDET role are also encouraged to apply.
- Basic knack for testing attitude. Someone who loves to break somebody's code by writing own code.
- Knowledge about Continuous integration/Jenkins.
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.