Tax Analyst (6126)
This is a great opportunity for a candidate to work in an innovative environment and grow within our business. The Tax Analyst is responsible for preparing license applications and providing customer service. A successful candidate must be efficient, accurate, deadline driven and able to work in a fast-paced environment.If you are looking for a company where you can learn and grow and like a dynamic environment, this might be the team for you!
- Work with the rest of the licensing team to prepare license applications.
- Research local licensing requirements in new locations.
- Perform Quality Assurance related to licensing content.
- Provide phone and email support to customers in all aspects of the business including product functions and features.
- Maintain/update new and existing customer information.
- Investigate and resolve customer notices received from jurisdictions.
- Assist in identifying areas of improvement and efficiencies in all licensing and compliance processes and drafting requirements.
- Proactively participate in a dynamic and innovative environment.
- Demonstrate consistent dependability, efficiency, and accuracy in performance of work tasks.
- Adept with written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Capable of working independently and significantly contributing to the team
- Capable of learning/using different software applications and tools
- Efficient, accurate and deadline driven
- Proficient in basic math, including percentages
- Able to prioritize and multi-task under constant time constraints
- Able to troubleshoot, and problem solve in a quick, calm, analytical and methodical manner
- Knowledgeable in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Business or economics degree is preferred
- Experience with SalesForce
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.